WHAT THE TRAINING ROBOT CAN DO
WHAT THE TRAINING ROBOT CAN DO
The Atlin® exercise and training robot offers bedbound patients and other people with limited possibilities for physical activity a way of keeping their bodies going.
- Atlin® does not require much planning, thereby offering the patients the possibility of starting their rehabilitation on the first day of admission.
- In this way, Atlin® ensures that the patients maintain their strength during the hospitalisation period.
- Atlin® automatically adjusts itself to the individual ability and needs of each patients.
- Atlin® carries no risk of secondary damage.
- The integrated Atlin® sensors provide nursing staff and healthcare workers with information about the patient’s functions and training state.
- Atlin® is used by patients who want to contribute to their own recovery.
- Data output might be adjusted to the relevant clinical challenge with regards to rehabilitation monitoring: as an example, data can be used for planning an individual rehabilitation process during and after hospitalisation.
- Atlin® is able to alleviate some of the disadvantages of a lack of follow-up rehabilitation. Not all municipalities offer a full follow-up rehabilitation process straight away.
REDUCTION OF LOSS OF MUSCLE MASS
It is estimated that patients at the geriatric ward lose an average of 20% of their muscle mass during a hospitalisation period. And this is the average – some patients lose even more.
Such a large loss of muscle mass is a serious problem. The patient will notice through a significantly reduced level of mobility and probably also through an increased risk of subsequent complications. You might say that the patient has become more expensive to the municipality through his or her need for domiciliary care and other types of support.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance that the patient’s muscle mass is maintained during hospitalisation. By maintaining the muscle mass through exercise, other “spin-off benefits” are obtained as well:
- Better rehabilitation
- Easier return to normal life
- Better circadian rhythm
- Better state of nutrition
- Better mood
- Better pain management and many other minor advantages that add up to a better hospitalisation period.
THE TRAINING ROBOT CAN KICKSTART EFFICIENT TRAINING
The Atlin® training robot reduces the cost of subsequent rehabilitation and caring for bedbound patients in Danish hospitals and care homes by encouraging efficient training much earlier than what is usually possible.
THE RISK OF SUBSEQUENT COMPLICATIONS DURING AFTERCARE
The risk of subsequent complications after the hospital discharge is higher for patients who are in a bad physical state. By exercising with the training robot, the patient is able to reduce the risk of subsequent complications simply by achieving a better physical fitness level.
IMPROVES PAIN MANAGEMENT
Even a little bit of exercise has many positive effects. One of them is that even a little bit of exercise leads to a better and more manageable pain management and medication process. This is very important to many people with chronic diseases and those with severe pain.